So it’s theme night in Blog Land and several of my Fabulous Fitness Friends are blogging about their top 5 exercises they love to hate I am going to join in but mine are true hates, and they must be done anyway. I am hoping that once we are all linked together that we will be able to spot a pattern to our love-hate.
For me, I hate legs! Wait I take that back…I love squats and those work the legs but most of the excercises on my “Dreaded 5″ list come from this muscle group. I actually read a post today stating that if there is an exercise we don’t like it is probably because we are weak at it and should do it more often. Well that is my plan. I need to grow me some Quads and Glutes so the “Dreaded 5″ are gonna need to become loves.
Let’s get started: (In order least favorite on top)
- Leg Press – Oh why do I hate you so, everyone else loves you and puts up such big numbers, but me I start to feel sick just thinking about having to set on that red seat.
- Walking Lunges – I think this one just comes down to coordination. I know you are all thinking, it’s just walking across the floor, it takes me about three quarters of the way to get in a rhythm then it’s time to turn around. At least the return trip I’m a much quicker study I only look like I’m gonna fall over a quarter of the way.
- Leg Extensions – This is the only exercise where I feel a real burn. Oh yea, see I don’t get that burn that “normal” people get when they lift. My muscles just stop or go to failure with no pain. These leg extensions cause pain, and I don’t like it!
- Seated Calf Raises – I don’t mind calf raises on the leg press, standing with dumbbells, but I get on that seat calf raise machine and get about 4 banged out and BAM…the worse cramp ever…ever single time. So I hate it!
- Crunches - I don’t do a lot of ab work…that will be changing with the new plan, but I do hate crunches. I think I just hate what they stand for…or that everyone thinks if you do crunches you will have abs…wrong. So I just don’t like to play. I can have abs without them. Okay maybe need to change that attitude, but it is #5.